Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ashley's Garden Update!




Slacking isn't even the right word to use here...I'm basically ignoring my blog...not purposefully, believe me! Things have been insane and I have been out there working it in the real estate world. I did recently take a trip out to Grant Park, IL, to Wagner's and Sunrise, and I wanted to write about it and share the beginnings of my garden this year with you!

I bought TONS of flowers this year and filled the entire trunk! It's hard to stop once you get started!


I brought them home to their "adjustment period" in the garage (and my car has to "rough it" outside for a few days!) and here are some pictures from that:


A lot of the green, leafy ones are veggies. This year I am growing jalapenos, yellow bell peppers, red bell peppers, candy onions (sweeter than vidalia!), of course my famous grape tomatoes, and a huge assortment of herbs!


Here are some of my supplies - I use the organic dirt for all my veggies and herbs because I grow them in pots and don't want them exposed to any unhealthy stuff! I use the garden soil with fertilizer in it for my flowers that go in the ground.


Close up of one of my pretty pink flowers!


Here are some of my herbs: peppermint, chives, basil, parsley and the orange one in the right corner is my cilantro! I am also growing green beans and sugar snap peas from seed! And of course my green onions! Yummmmmmmmmm!

What are some of your favorite things to grow in your garden?

- Ashley

2 comments:

  1. I was so happy that it was humid outside today because my plants were not very happy being in the garage!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh ... how much we all miss the flowers & veggies that thrive in the midwest... and are doomed here on the desert. I see a LOT of "digging" in your future. thanx for the pix. auntie nancy xo

    ReplyDelete