Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Favorite Fettucini Alfredo

I know it's been a while since I've written on my blog...I've been busy, which is good! I am posting my monthly recipe with respect to my monthly e-newsletter (if you're not already signed up, you can sign up on my website at http://www.ashleywydra.com/).

I am a huge pasta lover and I love going to Olive Garden or any other restaurant with Italian food. A classic pasta dish (and very easy one to make) is Fettucini Alfredo. Below is my favorite recipe from my Betty Crocker cookbook:

Ingredients:
8 ounces uncooked fettucini
Alfredo Sauce (see recipe for sauce)
Chopped fresh parsley

Directions:
1. Cook fettucini as directed on package.
2. While fettucini is cooking, make Alfredo sauce.
3. Drain fettucini. Pour sauce over fettucini; toss until fettucini is well coated. Sprinkle with parsley.

Alfredo Sauce Recipe

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter or stick margarine (I always use one stick of unsalted butter)
1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper

Directions:
Heat butter and whipping cream in 10-inch skillet (I normally use just a regular small pot) over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and mixture starts to bubble. Reduce heat to low, simmer 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheese, salt and pepper.

The key to the perfect sauce is really to keep stirring it constantly. I sometimes have someone help me and just stir while I prep the rest of the pasta. If the fettucini doesn't finish on time, I keep the sauce on a simmer flame and just keep stirring it!

Bon Appetite! : )

- Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...I'll have to post my recipe for blackened chicken...I mix fettucini alfredo with blackened chicken and top with chopped tomatoes and green onions! Sooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete