Saturday, April 16, 2011

First Garden Update of the Year: April 2011

I am so excited that I already bought a few things for my garden this year!

Pansies : )

Spearmint

Dill

Garlic Chives - yummmmmmm!

Beautiful!

Cider vinegar to keep flies away!
I was reading how to keep fruit flies away, which is always annoying when you have plants indoors. I have a small spray bottle with a water and a free and clear dish-soap solution. It really helps when you notice the flies to mist the plant and cover the leaves with the solution. The plant won't get harmed and the flies and eggs will die. Also, I was reading that if you put a little bit of cider vinegar in a small dish and cover it with plastic wrap, leaving a small hole at the top, the flies will be attracted to it. They will fly inside the hole, but not be able to get out. So far, I haven't noticed many tiny flies, so I am not sure if it's working!

I also planted my sugar snap peas and green beans last week. I can't wait until I start getting sprouts! I'll be sure to post some pictures in time for my next monthly newsletter : )

- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment